We all love Webflow; it stands out from the rest when it comes to creating beautiful yet functional marketing or e-commerce websites.
But, if you are a long-time user, you might already know how painful it is to build advanced web apps on Webflow. *It’s just not meant for it right?*
Although, numerous complex websites are built on Webflow, still building a compelling Web app can be challenging on the platform
So, if your project demands a complex web application and until now you thought Webflow was incapable of achieving so, this blog will add some perspective to your research. 🧑💻
Engineering advanced Webflow Web apps
When it comes to creating web applications with Webflow, the picture isn't entirely clear-cut.
As it stands, Webflow won't let you craft a web app that matches the sophistication of something like Asana, Doornash, Notion, or similar. You might achieve some similarities, but the end result will probably lack smoothness.
However, that's not to say you can't build anything. User-related data, such as Date of Birth, Age, or Location, can easily be linked to a user account and displayed through collection items.
Moreover, the ability to incorporate additional data sets is gradually improving in Webflow, thanks to certain tools, workarounds and the addition of this super cool no-code backend tool Wized.
This means that constructing specific dashboards is becoming increasingly straightforward, especially with the addition of integrations.
Webflow x Wized, made in heaven
Wized is this fantastic cloud-based no-code backend tool designed specifically for Webflow that makes building websites and web apps a breeze.
Here's the deal: Wized is not just your ordinary Webflow integration. It's like the dynamic duo of web development.
Instead of using complicated CMS systems like some other apps, Wized basically leverages Webflow's robust UI framework and does its magic on the backend to offer an intuitive and feature-rich platform for designing web applications..
- Manages Data
- Lets you build a payment flow with Stripe.
- Lets you add logic to your web app.
- Handles authentication.
- Lets you make API calls easily.
It's all about simplicity and effectiveness.
Picture this: You can effortlessly create login/signup functionalities, integrate payment systems, and smoothly import/export data, all while making your web applications look stunning.
Users can easily create and customize UI elements using Webflow's drag-and-drop features, while also accessing its extensive library of pre-built components and templates.
Built on Webflow's responsive design capabilities, Wized ensures that user interfaces adapt seamlessly across various screen sizes, offering a consistent and optimized experience on desktop, tablet, and mobile.
You can build a variety of advanced web apps using Wized in conjunction with Webflow.
Here are the types of web apps you can create using Wized:
- Membership Apps: Create exclusive content and features for registered users.
- Marketplaces: Build platforms where buyers and sellers can interact.
- Content Gating: Restrict access to certain parts of your website until users meet specific criteria.
- Apps with multiple user authentication: Add secure login and registration features.
- Micro-SaaS Products: Launch small-scale software as a service application.
If we talk about websites built using Wized, you can look out for finsweet.com.
Wized works seamlessly on top of Webflow, allowing you to integrate these functionalities without the need for additional coding or external tools.
Webflow X Memberstack
Memberstack simplifies the complexities that come with building membership-based websites.
It takes Webflow's already powerful design capabilities and supercharges them with features that make it easy to create a fully functional, member-focused platform.
Here's what Memberstack brings to the table:
- User Authentication: Easily set up secure login and sign-up functionalities.
- Payment Integration: Seamlessly integrate Stripe to manage subscriptions and one-time payments.
- Content Gating: Control who sees what by setting up member-only access to specific content.
- Custom Forms and Fields: Collect additional information from your members effortlessly.
- Member Profiles: Allow users to have their own profiles, complete with customizable fields.
- API Access: Integrate with other tools and platforms through a robust API.
Imagine this: You're building a content-rich Webflow web app. With Memberstack, you can effortlessly set up a paywall, allowing only subscribed members to access premium content.
You can also create a community forum, a private dashboard, or even a full-fledged e-commerce platform with member-only perks.
Here are some web apps built using Webflow and Memberstack:
Jetboost: A dynamic search and filter tool specifically designed for Webflow websites. It uses Memberstack for user authentication and membership features.
Makerpad: An educational platform that offers tutorials on no-code tools. It uses Webflow for its front-end and Memberstack for managing its community and paid memberships.
Swipe Pages: A landing page builder that uses Webflow for its website and Memberstack for its user management and subscription services.
Nocode HQ: A marketplace for no-code templates and tutorials. It uses Webflow for its website design and Memberstack for user accounts and premium content access.
In a nutshell, Memberstack amplifies what you can achieve with Webflow, allowing you to build not just websites but comprehensive web platforms. It's all about making your life easier while delivering a top-notch user experience.
Webflow X Zapier
Zapier isn't just a simple add-on to Webflow; it's the catalyst that supercharges your Webflow projects, making them smarter and more automated.
So, what makes Zapier so special when used with Webflow?
It's all about,
- Automation, and,
Zapier takes Webflow's already impressive design and development capabilities and enhances them with automated workflows that connect your Webflow site to over 3,000 other apps.
- Automated Workflows: Set up "Zaps" to automate repetitive tasks between Webflow and other apps.
- Data Syncing: Automatically sync data between your Webflow site and other platforms like Google Sheets, Mailchimp, or CRM systems.
- Event Triggers: Use Webflow events like form submissions or new CMS items to trigger actions in other apps.
- Conditional Logic: Implement if-this-then-that logic to create more complex automation sequences.
- Multi-Step Zaps: Create workflows that involve multiple steps and conditions for more advanced automation.
- API Integration: Connect to custom APIs to further extend your Webflow site's capabilities.
Picture this: You have an e-commerce site built on Webflow;
With Zapier, you can automate the entire customer journey, from the moment a user signs up, 👇
Their information can be sent to your CRM,
- A welcome email can be triggered, and,
- Any purchase activity can be logged automatically in your accounting software.
Types of web apps you can build using Webflow and Zapier:
- Content Platforms: Automatically share new Webflow CMS items to social media or email newsletters.
- E-commerce Stores: Sync inventory and automate order processing.
- Customer Portals: Automate ticket creation for customer support queries.
- Event Platforms: Send automated reminders or follow-ups for event registrations.
Here are some inspiring web apps built on Webflow
Imagine having a handy tool that simplifies managing your team and their tasks.
With Scoop, you can effortlessly keep track of their time, skills, and whereabouts, and even stay in touch, all from one convenient place.
This user-friendly software allows your team to sync up on schedules and monitor productivity, while also offering a flexible desk setup that adapts to your employees' needs.
It's like having a helpful teammate to keep everything in check!"
Flow is like a digital swap meet where you can effortlessly trade, buy, or sell all sorts of digital stuff.
Whether you're into NFTs or other digital treasures, Flow's got your back.
What's neat about the platform is that it runs on blockchain tech, making it super secure and open for everyone.
They're even planning an upcoming event called an 'initial coin offering' where you can snag some FLO tokens. These tokens are like the currency of the Flow world, perfect for trading and having a blast on the platform.
Snappr is your go-to buddy for capturing memorable moments! It’s not your average photo booth rental service. Snappr hooks you up with pro photographers at the snap of your fingers.
The platform? Oh-so-easy! Whether it's a birthday bash, a family reunion, or a fancy dinner, Snappr's got the perfect photographer for you.
And guess what? It's a breeze to book – just 90 seconds! All you gotta do is show up and strike a pose. Your memories, their magic!"
So, can you really build complex web apps using WebFlow in 2023?
The answer is a resounding yes, but with a few warnings. As long as you understand the platform's limitations and strengths, WebFlow can be an incredibly powerful tool in your web development arsenal.
If you're looking to streamline your development process without sacrificing quality, WebFlow is certainly worth considering.